Monday, August 3, 2026

Beckett Fountain - Interview 2026

Yo!  How are you doing??

What’s up Ant!!! Just ate a hot pocket on my lunch break I’m phenomenal, I apologize for any bad grammar or spelling I’m lowkey stupid 

Please state your name and few things about yourself that might surprise us!

I’m Beckett fountain I’m currently 20 years old I woke up with an erection this morning! Fun fact I ate 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in one day when I was about 7 or 8

What bands are you in and what do you do in them?

Okay time to be serious, I do vocals in 3 bands, divulsive, coagulated and hydrocephalic excavation. I play drums in 2 others intestinal sodomy and a goregrind band called scxmfxck that is soon to be renamed, and possibly a revival of an old heavy hitting band. I do not wish to spoil the surprise if it dose end up happening 

I was lucky enough to ask Intestinal Sodomy a few questions a couple of years ago. Then more recently Divulsive.  Now here we are with both groups about to release new material.  Will there also be a Coagulated full-length to look forward to?

So currently we are sitting on the intestinal album and divulsive album the divulsive album drops this Friday. The coagulated full length is in its very early stages of the writing process. It’s been a pretty slow process due to everyone starting there adult lives, me Issac, Cameron and Townsend all work so it’s going I little slow but I promise the full length won’t disappoint!!!

Can you talk a little about the differences in the projects and the pros and cons of having so much cooking at one time?

So right now it’s honestly not too much on my plate now that we have 2 albums done but there definitely was a point in time where I was extremely overwhelmed with all the projects. Pros I would say it really helps getting your name out there I honestly don’t really care about stuff like that cause at the end of the day I’m a normal ass dude that’s going to clock in to work in the morning, it definitely really pushes your creativity making you form different styles for each project and I think that’s a huge pro, vocals are pretty easy to me and not very time consuming so it helps balance all the projects . Cons I would say the biggest one is no matter how hard you try your going to neglect a band or 2 I consider all my bandmates brothers but it’s impossible to work a full time job and balance all those bands that being said I still try my very hardest to keep up with everyone and stay up to date with everything but I wouldn’t trade it for anything I’d do anything for those guys we were all friends before we were bandmates 

What else, other than heavy music, inspires you as an artist?

That’s a good question! For vocals Houston and Memphis rap really inspire me such as dj screw, lil keke, beltway 8, botany boys, Tommy wright and shawty pimp when I go play shows and I’m doing vocals that night it really gets me into the mood for drums I really enjoy some Japanese artists such as casiopea and masayoshi takanaka.

Can you remember a crazy story from a recent live gig that you could share?

Dude not going to lie there’s always some shit when we play shows but the craziest thing was back when I lived in Houston intestinal played a show and these guys came to the show in shiestys and
they didn’t seem like they were there for the music. Houston is an extremely hardcore oriented city so even at death metal shows it’s not uncommon to see someone doing karate in the pit. Some kid maybe 15-16 kicked one of the guys in a shiesty in the face and they weren’t happy after the band was done playing they were talking shit back and forth outside and the kid ended up getting a gun pulled on him after they pulled the gun on him they just started jumping him and then when his girlfriend tried to intervene his girlfriend got jumped aswell. Very bad night I got many other crazy story’s I will forever love Houston but fuck that shit 

Who are some vocalists that you really look up to?

I definitely have a big 4 for vocalist and that’s Ruben rosas of Devourment, angel ochoa from cephalotripsy, Justin boehm from orchidectomy and rob webber from enmity. Crazy thing is I feel like I don’t sound like any of them except angel lol 

Drummers?

I’ll try and keep this short lol my all time favorite drummer has to be Jon engman of brodequin,
foetospy, liturgy and many more sick projects no questions asked he’s my absolute favorite drummer I’m extremely grateful to consider Jon a friend I talk to him pretty frequently on Facebook extremely humble and down to earth guy he’s always sharing story’s about brodequin, foe and liturgy I also look up to many other drummers such as the homie Nate Gonzales, Townsend Humphrey, alfie vienneau of orchidectomy is a big one, Lille gruber, Brennan from fake dust, max McMullen, Giovanni from corporal raid is sick too. Man I know I’m leaving out so many more sick drummers I could name sick drummers for days man 

When I was at NSE fest, Ryan was so pumped to have Coagulated playing and was telling me how awesome you were and warned me to watch for big things from you.

Really made me tune-in to that coagulated set and then check out all of your projects even deeper than I already had!  

Shout out to Ryan Baker and New Standard Elite!  Can you talk a little bit about that relationship, how you first started working with NSE, and then also how it's been having Divulsive sign to Comatose?

It’s kind of a funny story how intestinal got on NSE back when we did our first 2024 demo we sent it to ryan, that demo was decent but it was when I first started really trying to blast, we sent it to ryan and he hated it lol then later on we wrote erotic and we sent it to him and he loved it, 
as time goes on I’ve gotten closer with ryan he’s a very respectable dude who really takes care of our bands intestinal would definitely not be where it is today without ryan or Sam. Working with Steve green from comatose has been great aswell I have zero complaints about both labels!!!

**********************1 WEEK PASSES**********************

Bro, the Divulsive album is so so good, and your vocals are unique and inspiring!  Can you tell us more about your journey doing vocals?  Is it something you practice?

Honestly I don’t really practice vocals too much I do them here and there walking around the crib but typically I only practice before shows, I’ve been doing vocals almost as long as I’ve been playing drums it started with osdm vocals and grind highs then one day it just clicked I could do inhale gutturals then and little after I learned exhales and now that’s all I do for all the bands. Thank you man I’m extremely stoked on the divulsive album!!

Also how did you get into hip hop?

It was kind of a long journey getting into niche rap when I was super young my stepbrother would play rap while playing video games so I found some songs from that. My ex had shown me dj screw and I kinda went on my own journey finding a bunch of Houston artists I used to go to car meets In Houston and Houston rap is played pretty often at those meets. All the Memphis shit came from Emrys from necrotic and virologist he kinda put the whole crew onto Memphis shit like blackout and Tommy wright III and a super underrated artist called lil yo who actually is yo gotti when he was a kid. 

Do you have any goals for yourself or for any of the bands?

My life goals right now is to just continuing to persue a career in automotive I decided to goof off in high school so I’m stuck doing this lol, for all the bands I just want to keep trying to push the boundaries and produce a sound people haven’t heard. We try and just make music we would want to hear. My biggest goal is for us to stay in our own lane and do our own thing too many guys are caught up worrying about the next band and too worried about being better than someone else 



What is something about you that no one would guess?

I really enjoy nature and long drives 

What would be your last meal?

Seafood boil all the way or any Cajun food dude that’s the best shit ever my dads side of the family is from Louisiana and my favorite thing about visiting them was the food they’d make and the hospitality. Huge shoutout to mikes seafood off hwy 6 and bissonet 

What are 3 movies that you love?

Who killed captain Alex(terrible Nigerian movie but it’s so fucking good). Star Wars attack of the clones. The good the bad and the ugly. If anyone reading this is actually going to watch one of these movies please watch who killed captain Alex 
Who are 3 bands or musical artists you are into that would surprise us?

I mentioned them earlier but Casiopea is fucking great. Flats and Scruggs is amazing bluegrass. Marty Robbin’s is amazing aswell.



What sort of automotive work do you do?  Do you have a dream car?

I’m currently at a Toyota dealership working on gas cars I’ve been thinking about getting into diesel work. My dream car is really anything Datsun made from the 60s to 70s

What celebrity do you have a crush on?

Fleece Johnson 😂





Do you use drugs and/or alcohol?

Unfortunately I have a terrible addiction to gas station boner pills I don’t even take them for sex I just take them and go run hard as fuck dawg, on a real note I’ve been clean for 6 years off all the hard shit

Do you have any pets?

I dont have any pets of my own at the moment but growing up I’ve had a lot of pit bulls very sweet dogs 

I dont play drums. Never have. but I know rhythm and beats.  Fire beats. 
If I dedicated myself, how long would I need to practice to be a proficient drummer, but for bdm, complete with wrist-killing blasts?

I think if you seriously gave it your all you could be blasting in 2 years. My good friend Sam little is a prime example of it I wanna say Sam’s been playing for 2 and a half years and now he plays submerged shit, Sam’s a great drummer. I’ve been playing for about 4 and a half years, if you want to get into blasting then learn the flying fingers technique and never neglect one of your hands that’s one of my biggest regrets. My left hand can play 285 bpms max when my right hand can play 320+


Also, if I had the songs written, would you be my drummer for a country western project?

haha bro hell yeah I’d be down 

Did you do any sports in school?

I actually used to play football from 10-13 I lost interest cause they Texans suck, last season I played football every Sunday we’d get our asses handed to then I’d go home and watch the Texans game and the same would happen to them Lmaooo

Explain what a date with Beckett would be like.  Where would you take me?  What would you say? Would we kiss? more?

the perfect date for me would involve us smoking meth and stealing catalytic converters 

What is your favorite color?

it was yellow when I was a kid but I think I just said that to be different I grew up and realized yellow fucking sucks fuck that color yo!

What kind of gifts would you want for your birthday?

firearms. I want to obtain a grenade launcher with a switch on it for home defense

What is 1 smell you hate and 1 smell you love?

The smell of Cajun food is the best. I hate the smell of the bathroom after my coworker blows that shit up, like bro it’s so bad these dudes diets are terrible 

What would you do with a day off?

Since we finished the intestinal album I don’t do much on my off days but relax around the house and watch dumb shows and play drums here and there 

What is next, musically?

I definitely have a lot of plans musically right now I’m taking a small break because I spent the last year writing the intestinal album with the guys. Next on the list is learning some songs for an old band that I might be joining soon and also writing new content for that project there really no rush on things for that. We’re going for a full length for the next coagulated release hopefully by around December July we’ll have that done and recorded we’ve been talking about possibly doing a split for intestinal, we’ve talked about doing that for awhile I just would like to get some really brutal bands together for that. I believe a split is next for divulsive aswell. Me and one of my best friends from Texas are going to revive our old goregrind band and rename it. Hydrocephalic is kind of a joke band to us we just kinda do it when we’re in the mood to do it so I have no clue what’s next for that 

Thanks for gettin weird with me!  Last words?  See you in November bro!



Just wanna give you a huge shoutout man, you’ve shown nothing but amazing support with all my projects your the fucking man! It was a pleasure getting to answer all these questions, catch you in November bro!!




Support:

INTESTINAL SODOMY

DIVULSIVE

HYDROCEPHALIC EXCAVATION

COAGULATED

SCXMFXCK

NEW STANDARD ELITE

COMATOSE



No comments:

Post a Comment