Saturday, March 23, 2024

Euphoric Defilement


Logo by Steve Crow Malevolent Icons



I really had forgotten about this group until stumbling upon an old blog post draft that never got posted.  I am so happy to revisit Euphoric Defilement!  This four-piece Los Angeles brutal death metal group released a couple of demos and a full length, "Ascending To The Worms".  



We haven't heard or seen much from the band since their 2016 promo, a pair of brutal, fast paced songs released alongside  some studio footage of the band recording the tracks.

I actually enjoyed the band's 2011 demo more than the most recent efforts.  Check it out below:






The full length is amazing and chock full of riffs and stands the test of time, more balanced production also!  Reminds me of Gortuary meets old Decrepit Birth riffing with added groove.
I would highly recommend the last track, "Virulent Affliction" for it's display of each member's talent, clever tempo changes, and an overall tightness in playing!  Makes 5 and a half minutes fly by.


 I can only hope they are working on new material!

No comments:

Post a Comment