Sunday, January 28, 2024

Postcoital Ulceration - Continuation of Defective Existence After Multiple Ruinous Collapses - 2014 - Ghastly Music/Amputated Vein



I am so happy to re-visit this album, because it now looks like the band will have another full length out this year!!  Postcoital Ulceration in the Serbian-slamming-brutal-techdeath brain-child of Andrey Alogrin.  I have tried to reach out to him and find any more info, and I cannot!   A post on the band's facebook page from October of 2023 reads:



"We have been reborn with a new lineup and are filled with new strength. Therefore, we would like to introduce you to our new logo."

With the history of little-to-no movement from the band online, no updates, and no replies this news leaves me excited but honestly not that hopeful.  At any rate, I am pleased that the news reminded me of their full-length album!

This is an album that gets better and better over the years.  I hear new details and new things I like with each listen; the intricacies in the drum patterns, the variation in vocals, the unrelenting heaviness!
Even after re-familiarizing myself with it and then waiting about a week, I turned it on and it felt heavier yet again.  From researching the very limited info online about this project, I believe Andrey wrote and played all instrumental parts, and vocals were done by Vitaly Chumakov (Disfigurement of Flesh).
They really went all out with the artwork (Remy Cooper - Headsplit Design), Production (TsunTsun), and song titles and lyrics.
Check out their track "Parasitic Defilement" below, here are the lyrics.

Devastated megalopolis
Keeps few survivors inside
They bodies are wounded
Their minds are enslaved
The parasitic effect
Has modified the nerve system
Cannibalism and copulation are the new religion

Flesh of the flesh

Crawling spawns
The new stage of human's evolution
Hyper-active instincts
Helps them to adapt
The new environment

Famine and depravity
Rule the mindless human flock








If anyone reading this know how to reach Postcoital Ulceration, have them shoot me an email!  cerebralreviewment@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment